The Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards is an initiative that is overseen by a panel of judges who are seasoned beauty experts, including professional hairstylists, professional makeup artists, teaching professionals in the artistic and aesthetic makeup industries, specialists in skin care and body care, beauty journalists, beauty bloggers, and beauty YouTubers. Alongside the Clin d’œil team, these expert judges will come to a consensus on the best new beauty products of the year.
The winning products will be revealed in the magazine’s December-January 2023 issue (on newsstands November 24, 2022) in the form of a report dedicated to this Clin d’œil-led initiative. The top products will enjoy exclusive visibility in the physical magazine and on the Clin d’œil website. Moreover, winning brands will be authorized to use the official 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards logo on promotional materials for their winning products.
Additionally, Clin d’œil will host a contest for the public to award one of its readers every winning product named in the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards. The readers contest will kick off with the December-January 2023 issue, in whose pages the winning products will be announced (on newsstands November 24, 2022). The contest will be held from November 24, 2022, to January 18, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. The winning reader’s name will be drawn at random on January 19, 2023, at noon. EST.
CONTEST RULES, CONDITIONS, AND ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA
– The Contest Organizer for the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards is Clin d’œil magazine, located at 1600, boul. De Maisonneuve Est, Montréal (Québec) H2L 4P2 in Canada.
– By entering a product, the responsible party thereby authorizes the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards Contest Organizer to use, in any advertising materials related to the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards as well as the subsequent readers contest, the name of the product, the image of the product, any materials submitted with the product’s entry in the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards contest, and any statement relating to the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards that pertains to the product, for marketing and promotional purposes or any purpose deemed relevant, in perpetuity, in any jurisdiction, in any form, via any medium, including the internet, without further compensation.
– The winning products will be revealed in a report dedicated to the contest that will be featured in the December-January 2023 issue of Clin d’œil (on newsstands November 24, 2022). The winning products will also be revealed on the Clin d’œil website in November 2022. Clin d’œil reserves the right to change release dates.
– The window to enter products in the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards is from March 7 to May 29, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
– The launch date for beauty products entering the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards must fall between October 1, 2021 and October 1, 2022, inclusively, and must comply with all Canadian cosmetic and regulatory standards.
– To enter a beauty product in the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards contest, it must be sold in the Province of Quebec (Canada).
– One brand may enter several products, as long as every product entry satisfies all the conditions of these Contest Rules.
– A product entered in the contest must meet eligibility criteria and qualify for one of the contest categories. If a product is deemed ineligible or does not qualify for one of the contest categories, it will automatically be disqualified from the contest (see the PRODUCT CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBILITY section below).
– By entering a product in the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards contest, the responsible party commits to providing 20 standard size samples, a product image, and a media kit per product entered.
– The 20 samples provided for every product entered in the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards contest must be neutral in colour and work with all skin and hair types. The 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards team may request additional samples, at no cost to them, as circumstances require.
– All 20 samples must be received at the following address before 5 p.m. on Friday, June 3, 2022:
ATTN: Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards
1475, rue Alexandre-DeSève
– Products entered in the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Awards without 20 samples sent to the Contest Organizer by the prescribed deadline will be automatically disqualified.
– It is possible to change product categories if the change is deemed relevant (see the PRODUCT CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBLITY section below).
– A product entry may be rejected if the product does not meet the eligibility criteria mentioned herein, or for any other reason deemed appropriate.
– An entry fee of $500 (plus tax) is required for each product entered in the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards contest in order to cover the following:
o The administrative management of the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards.
o The production, printing, and right to affix 5,000 labels on winning products (to be used over the course of one year).
o The right to use the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards logo on winning products and communications (detailed rules for use will be provided to the appropriate responsible parties after the winning products are determined).
o The management and administration of visibility for winning products in the print version of the December-January 2023 issue, on newsstands November 24, 2022.
o The management and administration of web visibility for winning products of the readers contest taking place in November 2022.
PRODUCT CATEGORIES AND ELIGIBILITY
– Eligible eye and brow products: primers, eye shadows and eye shadow palettes, mascaras, eye pencils, liquid and pencil eyeliners, eyebrow pencils, brow mascaras, eyebrow palettes, false lashes
– Eligible lip products: tube lipsticks, liquid lipsticks, lip glosses, lip pencils, lip balms, tinted lip balms
– Eligible face makeup and colour correctors: primers, foundations, tinted moisturizers, concealers, correctors, setting sprays and powders, contour palettes, brighteners, blushes, bronzers
– Eligible nail products: nail polish, top coats, base coats, fake nails, nail care products
– Ineligible products: makeup accessories (i.e. brushes, lash curlers, kits, etc.), manicure and pedicure sets (i.e. nail files, brushes, nail polish removers, etc.)
– Eligible skin care products: moisturizers, day creams, night creams, oils, mists, tonics, essences, face washes, exfoliants, cleansers, makeup remover wipes, serums, cream masks, masks, eye care, neck and chest creams, lip care, skin care tools, sunless tanners, sun care, after-sun products, etc.
– Ineligible products: cleansing brushes, exfoliating brushes/gloves, shaving and hair removal products
– Eligible body care products: body moisturizers, body oils, body washes, body exfoliants, body masks, hand soaps, hand moisturizers, hand exfoliants, hand care products, foot exfoliants, foot moisturizers, foot care products, neck and chest creams, deodorants and antiperspirants, sunless tanners, body-specific treatments (i.e. for cellulite, firmness, stretch marks, eczema, hives, psoriasis, acne, etc.), sun care, after-sun care, etc.
– Ineligible products: fragrances, shaving and hair removal products, exfoliating brushes/gloves, electric tools (i.e. razors, foot files, cleansing brushes, etc.)
– Eligible hair care products: shampoos, dry shampoos, conditioners, leave-in treatments, hair masks, styling products, scented hair mists, hair oils, scalp treatments, etc.
– Ineligible products: temporary, semi-permanent, and permanent hair colour and hair dyes, hair accessories (i.e. brushes, elastics, headbands, clips, barrettes, etc.), electric hair styling tools (i.e. flat irons, hair dryers, etc.), hair loss products, hair thickening products, anti-dandruff products
– Products that are not new, i.e. new shades or newly packaged products. Only reformulated products are eligible (a.k.a. ones whose ingredients have changed)
– Products available for a limited-time only
– Children’s products
Sub-category – New Products
You can register your new product for each category of products (Makeup, Skin Care, Body Care, and Hair Care).
• The product must meet the inclusion and exclusion rules mentioned above
• The product must have been launched between October 1, 2021, and October 1, 2022, inclusively, and must respect all cosmetic and regulatory standards currently applicable in Canada
• New products will be judged separately from classic products
NEW THIS YEAR – Sub-category – Classic Products
You can register your classic product for each category of products (Makeup, Skin Care, Body Care, and Hair Care).
Every brand has a top product that becomes a bestseller over the years. A product that never diminishes in popularity and for whom demand is always high. Although it’s not new on the market, it’s a makeup bag must-have.
Get our experts to fall in love with your classic product!
• The product must meet the inclusion and exclusion rules mentioned above
• The product must be free of any market entry constraints
• Classic products will be judged separately from new products
• The product must respect all cosmetic and regulatory standards currently applicable in Canada
– The entry form and payments are processed online.
The panel of judges will name the best new products across four categories based on the following criteria (as applicable): ease of application, comfort, texture, hold and durability, scent, packaging and size, ingredients, efficiency and results, and how well the product lives up to its marketing.
Every product will be evaluated by each judge on the panel using the abovementioned criteria and a scale of 0 (totally disliked) to 10 (loved), thereby producing an overall average rating for each product ranging between 0 to 10.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Validation: Entries and products that are incomplete, fraudulent, late, or do not comply with the requirements, Contest Rules or instructions provided in this document will be automatically rejected.
Non-compliant entries: A product may be disqualified if the representative from the organization that submitted it attempts, by means contrary to the Contest Rules or by any means deemed unfair in regard to other participating products, to influence the selection of the judges or, more generally, the operation or administration of the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards. Such an individual may be referred to the relevant authorities.
Non-compliant parties: The refusal of a party submitting a product to comply with these Contest Rules or the instructions provided by the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards in the context of the 2022 Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards thereby releases the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards Contest Organizers from any obligation related to the product or its entry.
Changes: The Contest Organizer of the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards, in whole or in part, in the case where there is an event, error, or human intervention, or more generally any situation that justifies such an action. In all cases, the Contest Organizers of the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards (including its judges’ panel), its affiliated or related companies, divisions and subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, providers linked to the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards as well as their employees, agents, and representatives (hereinafter referred to as the “Releasees”) will not be bound to award prizes in the event of a complete or partial cancellation of the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards. Any person entering a product in the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards discharges and exempts, to the fullest extent allowed by law, the Releasees from all responsibility for any loss, injury, damage, or expense that he or she may suffer as a result of, or connected to, his or her participation or attempt to participate in the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards.
Decisions made by the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards Contest Organizers: Any decision relative to the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards that is made by Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards Contest Organizers or representatives is final and irrevocable.
Personal information: Personal information collected in connection with the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards is used for the administration of the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards and is subject to the Confidentiality Policy. No communication, for commercial purposes or otherwise, that is unrelated to the Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards will be sent to participants, except in cases where the participant has given explicit permission, or if such communications are allowable by law or fall within the scope of the Confidentiality Policy.
Clin d’œil Experts’ Choice Beauty Awards ©